Several beginner questions

Ian Trudel ian.trudel at tr.cgocable.ca
Thu Nov 25 01:05:06 UTC 1999

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mike Thomas <miketh at ptmnet.com>
¿ : squeak at cs.uiuc.edu <squeak at cs.uiuc.edu>
Date : mercredi 24 novembre 1999 19:30
Objet : Several beginner questions

>Hi all..

Heya there.

>2. The Swiki site has loads of customisation pictures, but no descriptions
>of how to do that customisation.  For example, how do I change my
>environment background (or any other window for that matter) to an image
>instead of garish green?

You can use the FileList's "open image as background" feature to do so. It
supports Squeak's common file format (GIF, JPG, Form stoteOn: (run coded)
and BMP). This feature works in MVC world as well. To proceed, you need to
open a FileList. Search for your favorite wallpaper and then select it with
the yellow button. If you chose a valid supported file, you should see "open
image as background". Select it and voila.

That's what I wrote on Swiki, http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/772

::)

Regards,
Ian