Some Morphic Advice?

Ali Chamas alichamas at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 03:37:18 UTC 1999

Hi Morphs,
 Is there anyone who can help me on how to handle the
following issue...
Let's say i'm doing a game, and i have a main menu
type splash screen. How can my model detect the
opening and closing of the Morphic World, so that i
can reset the game model, and begin at the splash
menu. I know that i could setup some scripting of the
World to catch 'opening' and 'closing', but i'm sure
that there would be a way to catch the event as a
straight method in a subclass of the playfield. Also,
how do i regard finalising my peice? I know that i
could save the image out, but i'm not sure as to how i
could create a subclass of PasteUpMorph which could
detect opening and exiting (not just from project
switching, but from image launching too). If i opened
up a fresh instance which by default began at the
intro, how do i back out of the image to leave it at
that point, without the available World menu?
Yes i am a Squeak newbie, and i'm sure that i'm
probably regarding the process the wrong way, but
could someone please be kind enough to pass some
advice?

Much appreciated in advance...
Ali.