Squeak Socket Primitives

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:34:30 UTC 1999

> WebStar of several years ago, on a PowerMac 6100, could saturate a T-1
line
> (at least when servering static pages). I hold that as a good upper
goal
> for standard Squeak serving.

Okay, I just tried downloading a 6 meg MP3 from a 500 MhZ pentium III.
On a Squeak swiki, it gets around 580-620 kb/s.  On Apache, around
580-620 kb/s.  Using ssh to download the file, again, somewhere around
600 kb/s.  Squeak seems to be saturating the network just fine.

Better performance is always nice, but we're certainly in no networking
performance crisis right now.

Lex