Basic Morphic Questions

Steve Thompson sthompso at connertech.com
Fri Nov 19 01:20:01 UTC 1999

All! -
I'm trying to create a morphic hex edit tool and as a complete newbie to
morphic programming, I have little idea what I'm doing at this point.
Basically the hex edit tool that I would like to write would be a three
panel affair, with the left most panel showing addresses for hex rows, the
middle panel the hex information in a row, and the right panel the ascii
representation of the hex values.  Something like this:

0000:   |   0001 0F31 3233   |  ...123

Obviously, the mid and right panels are different views for the same model.
How do I make this connection in the code?  Is the model (information) a
part of the Morph itself, or would it reside in a different class?  Is a
TextMorph the best kind of Morph to use for each panel?

I know that these have got to be extremely simple morphic issues, and am
sorry to ask such questions.  Nevertheless, any assistance you could provide
would be _enormously_ appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Thompson
sthompso at connertech.com