[UPDATES] 2.7alpha news, testers wanted

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Sat Nov 27 14:43:42 UTC 1999

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> Worlds in Worlds
> Those of you who follow updates closely will have detected several minor
> tremors in the last few hours.  The latest update, 1656 (thanks to
> Andrew C. Greenberg), fixes the last problem of which I'm aware
> associated with the Worlds-in-Worlds changes.

[Dan: why is that changeset named after me (...-bf)? ;-)]

I only played with it a little bit, but the world menu of inner worlds
behaves strangely. For example, a "restore display" seems to set the
display bounds to the inner world, so after this part of the outer world
aren't updated anymore. Or, choosing "set desktop color" brings up the
color palette at the upper left corner of the outer world, so if the inner
world window doesn't cover that part of the screen, it's invisible.  Or,
choosing "previous project" from the inner world and reentering the
project does restore the inner world as outer world - if you have
something important in the outer world, you should save your image before
trying that.

Sorry, no fix ...

  -Bert-