Sound on Linux?

Stefan Rieken StefanRieken at SoftHome.net
Sun Nov 14 19:33:14 UTC 1999

"Craig H. Anderson" wrote:

> Any one out there using sound with Linux?
> I just got a sound card and installed the ALSA
> drivers with OSS emulation.  I would like to
> try out Lex Spoon's sqUnixSound.c driver
> with Squeak 2.6.  I'm working up my courage
> to try this.  Has anyone else done this?  Anyone
> hacking on the Linux sound?

I read all the Linux Sound FAQ's but my Debian slink distribution
doesn't install the drivers that I am expected to find, nor the program
with which I can create them "when for a strange reason I would miss
these devices".

So all the kernel recompiling didn't do me magic. Linux is nice, but
sound... However, I never use sound, so no big deal.

(Quite off topic, I guess, but well...)

Greets,

Stefan