autoAccessors influence

Ali Chamas alichamas at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 23:09:11 UTC 1999

--- Ian Piumarta <Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr> wrote:
> Me neither.  Nor for the autoDeclineMembership
> thing.  In fact, not for any
> kind of automatically-instantiated method.  (Maybe
> with the exception of the
> setter/getter thing, but I always leave the
> preference turned off anyway.)

On that subject, i really liked the feature of QKS
Smalltalk Agents which upon accepting a new classes
definition, would generate a get/set method for each
instance variable, and placed them all in a new
category called 'accessors' of the class instance.
When i used the Preference item of 'autoAccessors' in
Squeak, i found accessors wern't generated
automatically at this point. Does anyone else think it
would be good to do it this way? It takes care of a
large part of initial coding...

Cheers,
Ali.