Some questions about Squeak

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Sat Nov 27 14:18:38 UTC 1999

Personally a digested version of the mailing list that we could
import into Squeak itself and have Squeak do searches/parses/edits on
would be nice ;-)

>  > **The mailing list is quite buzy. Is there no plans to have a newgroup?
>  > I know that some of you think that Squeak is not ready for the mainstream
>  > people but this would help people that are interested to communicate more
>  > easily.
>
>I don't see a difference between having a mailing list and a newsgroup
>*except* that having a mailing list avoids a lot of spam (both, to the
>newsgroup and to the people posting on it) and that it is a somewhat larger
>download. Since I don't mind downloading a bit more stuff and I really hate
>spam my personal preference is clearly that of having a mailing list.

VisualNewt Software
Makers of:
     Newt'sPaper(tm) - The premiere newsreader for the Apple MessagePad
     http://www.VisualNewt.com/NewtsPaper.html
     The Universe(tm) - The only ST:CCG database with built-in browser
     http://www.VisualNewt.com/TheUniverse.html