Squeak on Palm - new? idea

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Fri Nov 12 00:22:15 UTC 1999

I just read on /. (http://slashdot.org/articles/99/11/11/0850205.shtml)
about a company which had or want to implement a Linux variant on the Palm
PC.  At the moment, their server is very buzzy (probably the /. effect) but
it sounds very interesting also for Squeak - because of two things:

a) if it is linux, it probably has a direct, non-banked memory system which
would eventually allow a port of Squeak to Palm, using that linux OS.

b) it seems they created a new downloable rom for the palm os which sounds
like a way Squeak could also go - and frankly, I wounder why nobody thought
about this already.  If Squeak can run on top of bare hardware (as already
proven), this might be a nice alternative.

bye
--
Stefan         //  I can program the universe
Matthias Aust //           unless the power fails...