[UPDATES] 2.7alpha news, testers wanted

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Sat Nov 27 16:14:51 UTC 1999

>On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>
>> Worlds in Worlds
>> Those of you who follow updates closely will have detected several minor
>> tremors in the last few hours.  The latest update, 1656 (thanks to
>> Andrew C. Greenberg), fixes the last problem of which I'm aware
>> associated with the Worlds-in-Worlds changes.
>
>[Dan: why is that changeset named after me (...-bf)? ;-)]

A complete accident resulting from six non-work related things going on in my study right at the time when things were going wrong with the latest updates (I hope you recognize the situation).  My apologies to both you and Andrew!.

>I only played with it a little bit, but the world menu of inner worlds
>behaves strangely. For example, a "restore display" seems to set the
>display bounds to the inner world, so after this part of the outer world
>aren't updated anymore. Or, choosing "set desktop color" brings up the
>color palette at the upper left corner of the outer world, so if the inner
>world window doesn't cover that part of the screen, it's invisible.  Or,
>choosing "previous project" from the inner world and reentering the
>project does restore the inner world as outer world - if you have
>something important in the outer world, you should save your image before
>trying that.

Yes, you're right on every count.  We're nailing them one by one.  Feel free to join in the fun (I know you do ;-).  I thought 2.7 alpha had gotten too tame for real test pilots!

	- Dan