Self 4.1 for Mac OS Its too slow to be used for anythinguseful.

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Nov 5 18:55:50 UTC 1999

I haven't looked at the Self Mac port, so I don't know its specifics,
but one thing that was critical on their earlier workstation based
versions was having a _lot_ of free RAM available for Self. How much RAM
do you have in your iMac? How much have you made available for Self?
Having a minimum of 64MB of RAM available just for Self might be a good
idea (your iMac would need about 128MB RAM to leave this much
available).

-- Dwight