Fabrik, Morphic-Components

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Nov 29 22:13:58 UTC 1999

>Thanks for the help everyone,
>
>I found the paper, but I got a hardcopy, so I cant email it to any of you.

Jesse (and all) -

I located a Word document that is nearly current with the version that appear as the OOPSLA paper.  I will happily send it to anyone who is interested.  If anyone wants to put it up on a website, that would also be fine provided they get ACM's permission (I'm assuming it's OK with the other authors -- I'll check around if that's what we want to do.

>Also I'm interested in helping to bring Fabrik to squeak as requesting in
>"Lets Get Bizzy".
>
>I'm still new to squeak so if anyone with more experience wants to jump in
>thatÌs great, but for the moment IÌd be happy to chop away at it.

Well, great.

>Dan, you said you would give some suggestions on how one might
>start÷Please:). Is the original code around and available? If so that would
>allow me to understand things a lot better.

Yes, the original code is still around.  It's really messy (lots of workarounds dealing with, eg, double-buffered screen updates in an MVC world hacked to use the Mac Toolbox (!)).  But it shouldn't be too hard to sepearate the wheat from the chaff.

I would LOVE to give you a whole list of suggestions, but it's going to take me a while.  I really need to focus on completing pass 1 of Squeak Name Spaces, and get 2.7 out the door (I'm hoping early next week).  I'll try to send you a quick list in the next day or so, but more will have to wait.

If anyone else responds to me, I'll include you as a recipient.

	- Dan