Language implementation in Squeak (was Re: Python for Squeak)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Wed Nov 17 21:05:21 UTC 1999

At 17:30 17.11.99 +0100, you wrote:
>Bijan,
>
>> Ian, can you give be a quick sense of how tricky it would be to get that
>> stuff up in Squeak?
>
>I think Stefan looked at this once, a couple of years ago.  Maybe he
>managed to drag it into Squeak?  Stefan??

No, I never tried.  But once Squeak got closures, it shouldn't be that
difficult.  Ian's Lisp code is mainly platform independent.  It's using the
original Smalltalk-80 parser but this is either still close enough to
Squeak's or writing a Lisp parser isn't that a big task.

But I've still the VisualWorks code, so if somebody is interested, please
drop me an email.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.