Strange behaviour with this block....

Steve Elkins sgelkins at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 20 11:41:49 UTC 1999

"Piero Campanelli" <pc at skylink.it> wrote:

> I opened a Workspace and a Transcript. I made this:
>
> c := [ [True] whileTrue:
> 	[ Transcript show: 'hello'. Transcript cr.
> 	  (Delay forSeconds: 2) wait. ]] newProcess.
> c resume.
>
> but it writes on transcript only after the first execution of resume
> message. Why ?

Doesn't work that way for me.  After changing '[True]' to '[true]' I had
to evaluate 'c terminate' in the Workspace to get the Transcript to stop
printing 'hello' every 2 seconds.  Are you sure the code you sent the
list is what you evaluated?  I ask because (1) after the change
mentioned above your doit works the way I think you expect it to, at
least for me, and (2) you didn't say anything about the non-Boolean
receiver walkback.