Names of Squeaky Things

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Nov 12 18:43:35 UTC 1999

Dan Ingalls wrote:
> Aha.  So we should find out what just-in-time-compiler or
> native-code-translator sound like when sped up.

Some further notions on naming the JIT -- RedShift (as in, its leaving
you behind in a (cosmological) hurry, or informally, all you'll see are
tail lights). Or its opposite, BlueShift (its coming at you in a
(cosmological) hurry).

Or we can look to Lewis Carroll, since we already have Alice. I rather
like Snark, since no one was ever really able to catch it, or perhaps
Boojum -- "For the Snark _was_ a Boojum, you see." :-)

-- Dwight