2.5 image/changes problem

Georg Gollmann georg.gollmann at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 13 15:47:38 UTC 1999

At 10:03 Uhr -0500 13.10.1999, Michael Donegan wrote:
>I got my copy of Squeak using this link off the Squeak home page.
>
>ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.5/Squeak2.5-mac.sea.bin
>
>The problem seems to be something with the handling of the Changes file.
>Every method in the Changes file starting with B3DRotation has an offset of
>8 or more. At various places the offset goes up, but it remains constant
>until the next jump. I don't know what the mechanism is for computing these
>offsets, but it seems that some error is accumulating error whenever the
>bad condition occurs. It is interesting that the comment for B3DRotation is
>OK, but the first method is bad. I don't see anything unusual with the
>comment in the changes file except that it has tabs in it. Don't know if
>that is unusual or not.
>
>To answer another question. Squeak seems great on the iBook. There is some
>hesitation when rotating a browser window, but overall it is pretty cool. I
>haven't tried it on batteries yet.
>
>	mkd

I guess Stuffit Expander 5 did the decoding. It is broken. Double
click the sea file and all should be fine.

Georg
----
Dipl.Ing. Georg Gollmann                TU-Wien, Zentraler Informatikdienst
                                         Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10
phon:(+43-1) 58801 - 42022              A-1040 Wien
fax: (+43-1) 58801 - 42099
mail:gollmann at zid.tuwien.ac.at
http://macos.tuwien.ac.at/Gollmann.html