[GOODIE] FreeCell Game

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Tue Oct 26 05:43:45 UTC 1999

This is great! Squeak now has Tetris *and* FreeCell - what more could you want?

However, one minor point, there appears to be an unadvertised "cheat
method" in that you can stack as many cards in the four spaces at the top
left as you want!

I know I'm not allowed to do that in my Windows version!

cheers,

Russell

>A new Morphic based FreeCell game is attached.  Dan Ingall's supplied the
>cards and many enhancements.
>
>FreeCell has only been tested in 2.6.  The only 2.6 dependency that comes
>to mind is use of the new exception facility in one place.
>
>PlayingCardMorph and PlayingCardDeck are fairly general and pluggable.
>I hope that others can use them to build other card games.
>
>Comments, enhancements and bug-fixes are welcome.
>
>pre-FreeCell.cs should be filed in first.  It contains a change
>to allow collections to be shuffled with a user supplied Random,
>a fix in SystemWindow to restore stepping when a window is expanded
>and some factory methods to activate a Morph in a SystemWindow.
>
>Enjoy,
>-david

>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:FreeCell-dpdi.19991024-2214.cs
>(????/----) (0001B216)
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:pre-FreeCell.19991024-2213.cs
>(????/----) (0001B217)

Russell Allen

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com