TeamTool/Version-Management for Squeak?

Martin B. Pomije pomije at inav.net
Sun Oct 24 08:09:27 UTC 1999

Les Tyrrell wrote:

> "Stephan B. Wessels" wrote:
> >
> > Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:
(snip)

> Why don't you guys have a look at the notions in Xanadu- I think they're
> worth considering in this case.  Implementation is another issue.  But
> you can start by going to http://www.xanadu.com .
>
> In particular, start looking for information about Xanadu's "Virtuality",
> and compare that with what you may want for a source code management system-
> especially when you want to share on a planetary scale.  If nothing else,
> at least Project Xanadu has spent a lot of time thinking about this topic.
>
> -les

I second this.  I received a copy of "Literary Machines" a while
ago, and it seems pretty clear that something like Xanadu is
exactly what we want.

Has anybody looked at the Smalltalk implementation of Xanadu?
It is available as Free software now, but it is described as
being in pretty rough shape.
http://udanax.com/gold/index.html
Could this code be a useful starting point for a Squeak project?

I'm too much of a Smalltalk newbie to make a judgement about it.