Doom as a user interface (fwd)

Joshua Marker lux at umich.edu
Thu Oct 21 17:41:33 UTC 1999

	The idea of re-nicing processes when they're wounded is the one
that really got me.
	Of course, we need a way to initiate processes, if only to watch
the doubtless thrilling results of a 'shutdown -r now'.

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> Yeah! Now this is the UI paradigm for system admin. Add in the ability
> to capture processes and drag off to the interrogation chamber( aka
> Debugger). Remove some of the gratuitous blood and gore. Implement in
> SqueakAlice.
> Actual work left as an exercise for the student (at gatech :-) )
>
> tim
>
> --
> In computer science, we stand on each other's feet.  - Brian Reid
> Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)
>  tim at sumeru.stanford.edu (h)  <http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim>

--- Joshua * San Francisco: 415 / 505.9406 (37.753083N -122.430501W)
Sorting out my life. . . .in O(n lg n).
Love is like pi:  natural, irrational, and very important.
  -- Lisa Hoffman
---