PostscriptCanvas and older printers

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Sun Oct 24 16:50:24 UTC 1999

The Postscript code emitted by the PostscriptCanvas is Postscript
Level 2 compatible.  There are some aspects that need to make use of
Level 2 features to work at all (and more that actually scream for
Level 3) so I saw no particular point in making sure that the rest is
Level 1 compatible, since Level 2 is much nicer to code for.

That being said, I can add some emulations for those parts that can
be easily emulated, like the ones you mention.  However, you should
be aware that other features will *not* be emulated, so it is only
going to be a partial solution.

Regards,

Marcel