browser glitch

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Mon Oct 18 01:30:35 UTC 1999

>Hello,
>   I'm just starting out familiarizing myself with Squeak. I am very
>impressed with this environment. I have tried Squeak 2.5 & 2.6 for
>the PPC Macintosh, and I have a problem with the system browser.
>Often the definition or commentary for an object has its first few
>characters chopped off. Can anyone help?
>
>   Thanks.

This is the same problem mentioned earlier this week.  Either the
changes file or the sources file were corrupted by a program
attempting to modify line endings.  It is critical to load these text
files as though they were pure data files, and to set any expansion
program settings so that NO data conversions are done to "improve" or
"import" these "text" files.

Try downloading these files once more, taking pains to assure they
were downloaded in ASCII mode, and before decompressing, make sure
that all settings to modify text files are ENTIRELY turned off.