A Proposal for Project Layers

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon Oct 11 21:44:32 UTC 1999

>From:  Dean Swan at MITEL on 10/11/99 04:09 PM
>
>I would like to second support for the "magic folder" concept that David
>suggests here.  I also cringed at the mention of "registry" in Dan's posting,
>for the same reasons that David mentions.  Excellent suggestion (imho).

I obviously raised some red flags by using a loaded word.  The going-in concept of riding along on the project structure makes it possible to have layers that aren't even named.  All I meant by "registry" was that the layer would at least have to be named so that it could be refered to laterally and downward.

By the way, folks, these are very useful comments.  Thanks

	- Dan