[GOODIE] FreeCell Game

Brian Rice water at tscnet.com
Tue Oct 26 01:07:48 UTC 1999

At 09:13 AM 10/25/99 -0400, Pennell, David wrote:
>A new Morphic based FreeCell game is attached.  Dan Ingall's supplied the
>cards and many enhancements.
>
>FreeCell has only been tested in 2.6.  The only 2.6 dependency that comes
>to mind is use of the new exception facility in one place.
>
>PlayingCardMorph and PlayingCardDeck are fairly general and pluggable.
>I hope that others can use them to build other card games.
>
>Comments, enhancements and bug-fixes are welcome.
>
>pre-FreeCell.cs should be filed in first.  It contains a change
>to allow collections to be shuffled with a user supplied Random,
>a fix in SystemWindow to restore stepping when a window is expanded
>and some factory methods to activate a Morph in a SystemWindow.
>
>Enjoy,
>-david
>

>Attachment Converted:
"c:\tscnet\eudora\attach\FreeCell-dpdi.19991024-2214.cs"

>Attachment Converted: "c:\tscnet\eudora\attach\pre-FreeCell.19991024-2213.cs"

The auxiliary windows for 'help' and 'statistics' when closed return the
cursor focus to other windows besides the game morph.  Is this behavior
unusual or consistent with Morph behavior?

Of course I understand that the windows aren't modal, but it seems
intuitive for the focus to return to its previous state when closing a window.

-Brian