[ENH] widths of digits

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 03:01:39 UTC 1999

--> 10/23/99 4:35:08 PM EDT, hm.mosner at cityweb.de -->
<< You may have noted that Squeak's default font has different widths for
 $1 and all other digits. IMHO, all digits should have the same width so
 that they line up nicely when displayed in columns.
 Here is a snippet which fixes the situation: >>

The more general problem is how to get a monospaced font access for display.
I have a pretty decent hex editor (an improvement on released hex processing)
in MVC, but I haven't fooled with the font stuff in Squeak. The editor
results really only look good when the text pane can be presented in mono.
How hard is it to get a basic monospaced font (say good old basic TrueType
Courier New) to be used in a text window in MVC?

It's conceivable that Hans-Martin's approach could be applied to the entire
font, but this does seem a little like killing a fly with a hammer.

Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated

  Walk tall, talk Small.