Squeak Mentioned On O'Reilly

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 01:20:11 UTC 1999

-->10/9/99 8:32:50 PM EDT, arning at charm.net -->
<< One option for non mission-critical applications is to do it yourself. DSL
and cable modems can provide fulltime net access at reasonable prices. Put
squeak on a cheap used computer and you're in the web server business, maybe
not the fastest server in the world or the most robust, but quite adequate
for many possible uses. >>

Hi Bob,

(We have E-mails to Squeak mailing list crossing here.) I had assumed that
the expenses of your approach are more than the expenses of putting one of
your own machines with a domain hosting service. I have a stack of eMachines
that are not yet deployed. I could certainly spare one. However, your
approach deserves some more research. I'll have to call around.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated
----
Walk tall, talk Small.