[ENH] BetterFileStamp

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Oct 20 13:51:58 UTC 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Jason McVay wrote:

> from the preamble:
>
> i don't know about the rest of you, but i file things out often. this
> changeSet provides a better (IMHO) filestamp than the current one. it has
> the following format: yymmdd at hhmm
>
> everything is zero-padded if necessary and the hours are on military (19 =
> 7pm) time. you can easily find the most recent file (if the files are sorted
> by name)

Great! Might I suggest using yyyymmdd-hhmm instead? The Y2K problem was
already mentioned, and the @ is strongly associated with email adresses
nowadays (in non-english speaking countries it's not the equivalent of
'at' in the temporal meaning), whereas a hyphen generally is used as
separator in filenames.

  /bert