some questions

ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Thu Oct 14 02:20:35 UTC 1999

  Hi,

> Is there a way to copy a Class to a new new name?  I saw the
> rename... and remove menu items in the browser's class pane, but
> couldn't figure out how to copy a class along with its methods.  Is it
> because this is frowned on in favor of subclassing?

  Use ClassDescription>>copyAllCategoriesFrom:.

  Specifically, define a class (New) and evaluate the
following in Workspace:

    New copyAllCategoriesFrom: Old.
    New class copyAllCategoriesFrom: Old class.

  hope this helps.

                                             OHSHIMA Yoshiki
                Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
                               Tokyo Institute of Technology