Look and feel

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Fri Oct 1 17:34:50 UTC 1999

Well, it should be easy to create some sort of file manager, but
integrating all of the other stuff that makes up a look and feel of a
GUI operating system as we know it is kind of hard. For example,
Microsoft has at least three ways of assigning icons to files, all
slightly different. Choosing the correct icon and asking the system
for it is hard. Doing things like DnD between the operating system
stuff and your squeak image is also somewhat challenging. So, yes,
it's easy to make a better filelist, but it's harder to do exactly
what you want.

DnD! I wonder if we can get minimal COM support for WinSqueak so that
we can have this functionality?