Squeak Mentioned On O'Reilly

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Oct 10 00:31:44 UTC 1999

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999 18:09:09 EDT JArchibald at aol.com wrote:
>I am jealous as hell of academics who can run PWS, and even better,
>experiment with server ideas (based on PWS, or whatever) within an open
>source framework and usable by the world.

Hi Jerry,

One option for non mission-critical applications is to do it yourself. DSL and cable modems can provide fulltime net access at reasonable prices. Put squeak on a cheap used computer and you're in the web server business, maybe not the fastest server in the world or the most robust, but quite adequate for many possible uses.

Cheers,
Bob