ClearType - a clarification

Adrian Sampaleanu AdrianS at mgisoft.com
Fri Oct 8 19:05:09 UTC 1999

  You're right, the technique is really only suitable to give extra
resolution on edges (e.g. for fonts) and with black and white pixels. For
font applications this is not too much of a limitation. The color fringing
you would expect can be compensated for using neighbouring pixels' energy
(this does reduce the 3X factor to some degree).

Adrian