Morphic Question

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Oct 19 05:58:39 UTC 1999

David Farber <dfarber at numenor.com> wrote...
>How can i create a window like the Play With Me's? I want to be able to 1)
>confine morphs to a sub window and 2) open morphic stuff even in the MVC
>world. The Play With Me's do both.

The simplest thing to do is, eg,

	EllipseMorph new openInMVC.

This will create an MVC view of any morph in a morphic world.  If you don't want the ellipse, you can just delete it, resize the world and put what you want in its place.  There is some bit-rot here, in that if you use open...browser in the morphic world menu, it opens an MVC browser outside, but this worked once and it could me fixed pretty easily I think.

Many morphic applications of significance will just do the right thing if you try to open them when in an MVC world.  For instance...

	EnvelopeEditorMorph openOn: (AbstractSound soundNamed: 'brass1') copy title: 'brass1'
or
	SpectrumAnalyzerMorph new openInMVC

Have fun
	- Dan