how do i...

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Mon Oct 18 01:03:19 UTC 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Jason McVay wrote:

> as an aside: when i was looking at the ScrollPane class, i noticed that
the
> instance variable 'scrollBarHidden' is declared but is not used
anywhere. i
> know how to make the scroll bars hidden when the scroll bar is
retractable,
> but i don't know enough to modify the class to operate correctly when
the
> scrollbar is embedded.

I noticed that 'scrollBarHidden' variable awhile ago too.  It doesn't seem
to do anything, and should probably be removed.

As far as how to make the scrollbars hidden when they're embedded
(inboard), you might take a look at my HiddenScrollBar changeset.  (see
http://www.mindspring.com/~dway/smalltalk/HiddenScrollBar26.cs )  It
handles hiding both inboard and retractable scrollbars when there's
nothing to scroll.

Bob is right, though, that it would probably be easier to just have one
PluggableListMorph, in which each line contains a few items arranged in a
column.  I'm sure this is roughly what the MacOS does.

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technogies, Ann Arbor, MI
  dway at eai.com, dway at mat.net
  http://www.transom.com