[UPDATES]

Stephan Rudlof stephan.rudlof at ipk.fhg.de
Fri Oct 29 16:01:23 UTC 1999

Dan wrote:

> One could probably just start up a 2.0 image and let it update
> for a few days until it got to 2.7alpha.  Then you could run the
> code that appears in the comment to ChangeSet summaryString
> (something like that), and it would produce a digest of all the preambles.
>
> More importantly, IN THAT IMAGE, you could use all the nice
> Squeak queries such as 'changeSets including this method', or
> 'changeSets with conflicting defs'.  This would be more useful
> than an archive.  Perhaps someone feels like doing this and
> putting the image out on a server as 'archival.image'.
>
> Anyway, if you seriously want that kind of documentation, that's
> what I would do.  I frequenlty use an image that dates back to
> update 900 or so for that purpose.

Only to be safe: Includes an 'official' Squeak2.6 image _all_ changes on the
change server before?

Some other questions:
- Are the change sets on the update server checked against each other for
eventually conflicts?
- How and when comes an [FIX] from this mailing list to the update server?
- How and when comes an [UPDATE] from this mailing list to the update
server?
- Do some or all [ENH] changes belong to updates on the update server?

If there is a location where all these question are answered it would be
helpful.

Greetings,

sr (stephan.rudlof at ipk.fhg.de)