[BUG] MVC System Browser Problems

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 05:38:57 UTC 1999

=> 10/28/99 2:33:25 PM EDT, JArchibald =>
<< I have run into that. I tried to add a class Sequence, just above
Interval, with the following script and results. >>

(Too quick to post~) I find that the demonstration test case I described
there does not (by itself) cause the offending behavior. I can't get the
failure to repeat doing just what is described there.

Apparently I had been working with two open "browsers". Mostly likely a
ChangeSet browser together with the standard system Browser. But I had not
opened a Morphic project while doing the edits. I'll see if Mark's comments
enable me to recreate an MVC-only failure. Scott Wallace's indication of the
solution details in Morphic (=> 10/28/99 9:49:18 PM EDT,
Scott.Wallace at disney.com =>) look like they will help me to understand what
is missing with MVC browser clashes.

Jerry.
"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you are!"

=> 10/28/99 4:05:36 PM EDT, guzdial at cc.gatech.edu =>
<< I've encountered similar variations to this problem.  The problem is that
 multiple browsers get confused about what's in their lists vs. what's
 defined in the system as a whole.  Adding something in one browser can
 confuse another browser which THINKS it sees the whole list, but something
 was just added to the list.

 I posted a fix for a couple of these problems ages ago -- I specifically
 dealt with classes and message categories.  But it really needs a Browser
 overhaul >>