[FIX?][ENH?][GOODIE?] CachedFonts/TextStyles/WYSIWYG menus/Musings

Robin Gibson ironsignbob at we.mediaone.net
Tue Oct 26 12:30:02 UTC 1999

Doug Way <dway at mat.net> wrote:
> Neat.  Which reminds me, a default font selection menu like this would be
> a logical addition to the "appearance..." submenu in the base image.  That
> would render at least one frequently asked question obsolete.

Yeah, I was going to do that, but I'm used to controlled development environments (ENVY, TEAM/V etc.) so the thought of blasting code all over the base image makes me cringe - <sigh> Open Source... just have to get used to it, I guess...

> > * 140 CachedStrikeFonts for your amusement (regular Strike 2 format).
>
> Yes!!  I've been hoping that someone would create a bunch of strikefonts
> at some point (so that I wouldn't have to do it. :-) )  I think Verdana
> may be my new favorite.

Mine, too. (if you bump up the default size by one). It's a shame, though, BitFont doesn't seem to be able to handle Tahoma - too big.

What I'd really like is to get real TrueType support working...

> > http://people.we.mediaone.net/ironsignbob/squeak
>
> I may put a few references in the appropriate places on the Swiki to your
> web page, if you don't mind.  Your screenshot with all the fonts is
> probably worth adding to the screenshots page, too.

Please do, thanks.