Nominations for 2.6

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Fri Oct 1 19:41:21 UTC 1999

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Stephen Travis Pope wrote:

> Might I nominate the PackageBrowser
> (ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/goodies/STP12/STP12/Packages/PackageBrowser.st)
> and the TimeProfileBrowser
> (ftp://ftp.create.ucsb.edu/pub/Squeak/goodies/STP12/STP12/Packages/TimeProfileBrowser.st)
> for 2.6? Many squeakers have found them very useful tools.

I've actually put an updated version of the Stephen's TimeProfileBrowser
on my web space at
http://www.mindspring.com/~dway/smalltalk/TimeProfileBrowser.cs .

This version fixes a couple of bugs related to displaying class-side
methods, includes all prerequisite code, and replaces the menu command in
'debug.../start MessageTally'.  (There's no reason to have the old
MessageTally output any longer, since the TimeProfileBrowser's output is
identical, except that now you can easily browse the methods.)

(I must confess that I add a method String>>nextToLastIndexOf: to fix one
of the bugs.  :-) )

I use the TimeProfileBrowser on a regular basis, and I second the vote for
inclusion!

(As far as the PackageBrowser goes, I guess the old FileContentsBrowser
(which comes up when you 'browse code' in the file list) is now titled
"Package Browser" in Squeak, so I guess you'd have to come up with a
different name...)

- Doug Way
  EAI/Transom Technologies, Ann Arbor, MI
  http://www.transom.com