[Q] Lisp interpreter for Squeak (Lisp.st)

Brian Rice water at tscnet.com
Mon Oct 18 18:22:35 UTC 1999

At 03:45 PM 10/14/99 -0400, Robert J Ingria wrote:

>From: JArchibald at aol.com
>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:32:04 EDT
>
>--> 10/14/99 7:30:29 AM EDT, nishis at sra.co.jp -->
><< http://www.sra.co.jp/people/nishis/smalltalk/Squeak/goodies/Lisp.zip >>
>
>This looks like a neat implementation, files in fine on my 2.4 image, but I
>can't figure out how to use it. Original documentation at
>
>http://www.sra.co.jp/people/aoki/SmalltalkGoodies/VisualWorks/Lisp.txt
>
>appears to be primarily in Japanese. Any Japanese translators looking for a
>small document to translate?
>
>Does anyone have a starting point for using this LISP?
>>>>

>(1) evaluate
>
>	LispInterpreter open
>
>    or
>
>	LispInterpreter fullOpen

[snipped basic tutorial on the use of the interpreter]

>Happy LISPing.
>

>-30-
>Bob ((who-calls #'cons)) Ingria
>As always, as a slight angle to the universe

Darn it, the thing won't run properly on my 2.5 and 2.6 installations (i've
only tested it on my Win98 box).  It files in without errors, but invoking
any of the code examples results in crashing the VM.  I've checked
everything as far as text-line delimiters, but everything seems fine there.
 What's the problem?  Is any one else dealing with the same issue?

Thanks,
	Brian