[Q] Using Java (Smalltalk-Squeak) from Dreamweaver

Eduardo Rivera edrivera at rrpac.upr.clu.edu
Sat Oct 30 02:18:51 UTC 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF2263.F63F1820

Hi

I read an article from Pete Kobak in the October issue of Web Techniques =
(pages 65-69) about customizing the application's interface to access =
components in web pages. He uses a Windows DLL written in C to allow =
Dreamweaver JavaScript to call and retrieve values from static methods =
in Java. I think this is a practical example on how to make Squeak more =
accessible to a larger audience: make it easy to incorporate Squeak to =
web pages for example (I'm learning Smalltalk and would like to use it =
in web pages). The source code is included in the article.

For those interested, you can access the on-line article and source code =
at:
http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/1999/10/note/

Eduardo
edrivera at rrpac.upr.clu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BF2263.F63F1820

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I read an article from Pete Kobak in =
the October=20
issue of Web Techniques (pages 65-69) about customizing the =
application's=20
interface to access components in web pages. He uses a Windows DLL =
written in C=20
to allow Dreamweaver JavaScript to call and retrieve values from static =
methods=20
in Java. I think this is a practical&nbsp;example on=20
how&nbsp;to&nbsp;make&nbsp;Squeak&nbsp;more accessible to a larger =
audience:=20
make it&nbsp;easy to incorporate Squeak to web pages for =
example&nbsp;(I'm=20
learning Smalltalk and would like to use it in web pages). The source =
code is=20
included in the article.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>For those interested, you can access =
the on-line=20
article and source code at:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/1999/10/note/">http://www.w=
ebtechniques.com/archives/1999/10/note/</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Eduardo</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:edrivera at rrpac.upr.clu.edu">edrivera at rrpac.upr.clu.edu</A>=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>