Continuous Process creation

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Oct 6 19:32:27 UTC 1999

On Wed 06 Oct, David N. Smith (IBM) wrote:
> Process>>#forContext:priority:, the method that creates processes,
> seems to get called about 250 times per second to create a process
> which is immediately thrown away. The calls seem to be coming from
> ProcessScheduler>>#yield which creates a process to signal a new
> Semaphore. Here is the code:
Good grief, is that old chestnut still in there? An extremely simple primitive
can solve that little problem - all it needs to do is stir up the process list
a little. I did one for Active Book years ago, let me see if I can ressurect
it... ah, there it is. I'll see if it can be transliterated to Slang.

tim

--
..signature not found!  reformat hard drive? [Yn]
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)