squeak newbie: Changing the system fonts

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Tue Oct 26 11:18:24 UTC 1999

>I have trouble to change the fonts squeak is using. If I try to do so I
>always receive the message that *.sf2 files are missing. I try to switch
>back to the font Smalltalk-80 and VisualWorks were using i.e Helvetica.
>Well, I am on Windows NT 4.0 SP5, German version.
>
>Any hint?
>
>Regards
>lpk

You will only be able to use only fonts that are already loaded into
the Squeak image a Strikefonts, or those for which you have external
files, such as the applicable .sf2 file.  You might want to take a
look at StrikeFont and related classes, also the portion of the
Squeak FAQ excerpted below:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.506