Method Finder bug

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Tue Oct 12 22:36:26 UTC 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:21:12 EDT JArchibald at aol.com wrote:
>Maybe I just don't know how to use this thing. What are you supposed to type
>(and follow by menu point 'accept') in upper left pane of Selector Finder?

Jerry,

As the text in the bottom left pane says:
======
Type a fragment of a selector in the top pane.  Accept it.

Or, use an example to find a method in the system.  Type receiver, args, and answer in the top pane with periods between the items.  3. 4. 7
======

So, to follow Dan's example, type

3. 3. true

in the upper left and accept. Then the pane below should show:

	<=
	=
	==
	>=
	allMask:
	anyMask:
	closeTo:
	isDivisibleBy:
	windowReqNewLabel:

which are all selectors such that:

	(3 perform: selector with: 3) returns true

Cheers,
Bob
(example from 2.5, so if 2.4 doesn't work, upgrade!)