Java inside Smalltalk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 9 01:38:58 UTC 1999

What's so terrible about the pricing? The personal use version is $150, and
I think that there is a freely distributed version (maybe out of date)
available also. I bought a copy a few years ago (mainly just so I could
learn Smalltalk), and it was money well spent. I think that Smalltalk/X is
a really impressive piece of work, all the more so since it was basically
created by one person. It's worth the $150 just to see how it works - quite
a lot different from (and in certain ways better than) any other Smalltalk
I've seen.