Unicode support

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Wed Sep 22 07:39:28 UTC 1999

Peter William Lount <peter at smalltalk.org> said:

>By strengthing and expanding Smalltalk's abilities to work concisely with
>"text" information we can improve it's success and usefullness in
>implementing web and internet solutions. One of the reasons for Perls
>success is concise string manipulation.

Suggest you check out the capabilities of the QuickDraw GX Typography shape
[GXLayoutShape] for what would truely be needed to handle international
text in a robust way.

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/GXTypography/GXTypography-2.html>

Act now, before the NeXT-LUddites ensure that you can't see it any more...

Lawson English. Squeak, snore, etc.
Check out <http://www.squeak.org>