New Palm Compatible

A Prophetic Thirst feoh at cosmic.com
Thu Sep 23 16:33:00 UTC 1999

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:25:00PM -0400, Joshua Marker wrote:
> <http://216.35.16.11/visor_overview.html>
>
> 	8MB of RAM for $250, plus it's hardware upgradeable. This sounds
> like it has enough room to be fun!
>
> --- Joshua * San Francisco: 415 / 505.9406 (37.753083N -122.430501W)
> Sorting out my life. . . .in O(n lg n).  All the good things in life are
> immoral, illegal, or heavily taxed.
> 	-- Oscar Wilde

The problem with Squeak and the Pilot, I think, isn't necessarily the
amount of onboard RAM, but rather the architecture PalmOS uses to store
and manage its memory.

I have thus far resisted the temptation to go for a WinCE machine _JUST_
to run Squeak on.  I won't contribute to that particular monopoly unless
I _have_ to.

Now if only somebody would make something like a Bitsy commercially available:)

-Chris, still sticking to his Squeak-less Palm III.