Strange WinNT Performance Issue

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Sep 24 21:09:47 UTC 1999

I was seeing this "quantization" effect earlier when I was running the
benchmarks -- I would see values of 16,666,666 pop up occasionally on a
PII/300 or 25,000,000 on a PII/400. I increased the values in
#tinyBenchmarks to get stable realistic answers. In update 1437 to 2.5
Andreas Raab changed #tinyBenchmark so it automatically compensates by
increasing the values enough to make the benchmarks run for at least 1
second each on any machine. Try getting the last set of 2.5 updates from
the server and see what the benchmarks say.

-- Dwight