How does double clicking work in Squeak?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Wed Sep 8 23:24:54 UTC 1999

Hi Folks.

Silly question, I know, but I haven't had much luck finding this out myself
so...

What do I really want to do?  I would like to add double click functionality
to the Squeak inspectors.  Basically, when you inspect something, you get a
nice tri-pane window, with instance variables along the upper left pane,
printString representations of the selected variable in the upper right pane
and an executable pane below.  I would like to be able to double click on a
instance variable in the upper left pane and have that activity spawn a new
inspector on that variable.  Not a new concept, but a useful one.  In fact,
I use this kind of functionality all of the time in VSE.

What have I tried?  Well, I looked up "double" in the Selector Finder.  This
pointed me to Morph>>doubleClick: and HandMorph>>checkForDoubleClick:.  This
seemed promising, so I looked for references to these and quickly got
confused.

If I want to trap a double click activity on a particular morph, say on a
StarMorph, what do I have to do?

Thanks so much!

---==> Chris

PS>  In VSE I would probably try something like the following:

myMorph when: #doubleClicked: send: #doSomethingCool: to: self.