Recommended WinCE for Squeak?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 16 14:18:16 UTC 1999

I'm considering purchasing a WinCE box just for Squeak-ing.  What would
people recommend?  My most serious constraint is that I'd really love to be
able to run Morphic on it.  Are the Cassiopeia and HP320LX (mentioned on
www.squeak.org) still viable platforms for Squeak-ing?

The Philips Nino has 8M RAM and has just dropped in price. It uses a MIPS
processor which does have a VM built for it. Has anyone run Squeak on a
Nino?

The HP Journada looks cool, but I don't think that there's a VM built yet
for the Hitachi processor yet, is there?

Buy.Com does have the Casio E105 (but it's on backorder :-(

Thank you for your suggestions!
  Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu