Process and multithreaded operation

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Sat Sep 11 04:59:03 UTC 1999

Am I correct that instances of Process are like instances of Java's
Thread? I don't see any reasonable documentation of Process and there
are no implementations that use it (in the bare system). (Although,
there are many operations in Squeak that could really benefit from
multithreading.)

If I'm on the right track, could someone direct me toward some source
or documentation that makes it somewhat clear how multithreading is
used in Squeak? A focus on simulation software would be the right
focus as well. I was thinking that Squeak could be used to prototype
theoretical network implementations by simulating conversations and
such. If I can finish a development model for something I'm working
on, I'll remove the proprietary information and give back a useful
simulator.

If I'm reinventing the wheel, point me in the right directions,
please!

-John

--
"In any event, once Robert Craft forged the Stravinsky-Schoenberg axis
in the 1950s and the eclecticism of the 1960s alleviated the austere