No-Brainer

Luciano Notarfrancesco luciano2 at mail.ru
Wed Sep 22 23:54:30 UTC 1999

Hi, Ali! How are you doing?
The list was down for some days. Did you received any response? I think the best is to read the chapter about processes in the purple book:

	"Smalltalk-80: The Language", Adele Goldberg, David Robson.

It's a great book; every Smalltalker should have a copy.

Basicly, blocks understand the message #fork, so you can do:

	[anObject message] fork

and this way a new process will be created to send the message #message to the object anObject. There are also some of issues related to semaphores and process priorities. If you want examples I can send you some.

Cheers,
Luciano.-