Lampson/Thacker to do Dynabook?

jecel at lsi.usp.br jecel at lsi.usp.br
Wed Sep 1 14:17:43 UTC 1999

Tim Rowledge wrote:
> Yet another project to do a Dynabook. Maybe they'll be able to get further
> than the ones I've been involved with?  (Annoyingly, this requires a (free)
> subscription.)

Yes,
              Marcel Weiher had mentioned this here on Monday. I think it
is great. I'd like to mention that I am also working on a system of this
type. I will post details at http://www.merlintec.com in the next two
weeks, but while its "machine language" will be Self bytecodes, it will
be reprogrammable at two different levels (the CPU is built using an
FPGA and the architecture has microcode in RAM) and so it might be
interesting to port Squeak to it.

-- Jecel